Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sad news from the vegetable garden...

We had to pull out, cut down and bag two of the tomato plants showing signs of late blight. :-( This is scary stuff. If you have tomatoes and/or potatoes in your garden, beware.

So, on to other things. The zucchini are still coming in strong. (The yellow squash is from our CSA, Common Ground Farm)

July 001

July 011

I don't know why I didn't take an after photo!

Silver Dollar Plant, aka money plant, is drying okay. Some other ones are moldy. Too much rain!

July 002

I told you the sunflowers were bigger now! These are ALL volunteers, planted themselves from seeds that fell from last year's sunflowers.

July 003

This one planted itself right next to the front steps. And amazingly, I was able to overwinter the canna!

July 004

These pretty "red" ones are on the west side of the front beds.

July 005

Voodoo bulbs, still going strong!

July 007

Lots of phlox. I really don't want this much phlox here. It's crowding out the echinacea.

July 008

Rose of sharon:

July 009

Russian sage, yeah, I need more of this, too:

July 010

Normal size cucumber and crazy big cucumber we obviously didn't see and pick till it was HUGE! And some zucchini and eggplant in there, too.

July 006

Just for fun, because I love them so. Finn:

July 012

Wally. Naughtiest cat in the whole world. I would prefer he *not* hang out right there on the counter!

July 014

No comments: