Sunday, June 29, 2008

What I saw on Vacation

Hi! We spent the past week in Old Saybrook, CT and I should have taken more pictures, but here are a few things I saw that I liked. We really liked the smoke bushes we saw, one darker and one lighter, but I didn't have the camera with me when we saw them, so we didn't get a picture, but - we've already ordered one for home, so we'll take a picture of our own smoke bush someday!

These are everywhere, and make a nice splash of color - I need to figure out what they are so I can plant some:

OldSaybrook08 045

Gotta love the old fashioned, white hydrangea:

OldSaybrook08 044

Thought this was neat, I love the way it looks like it's flowing over the edge. These people had no lawn, Steve thought that was a great idea!

OldSaybrook08 043

Nice hydrangea and tiger grass combo, I covet this grass. It's tall, I would need to think hard about where to put it.

OldSaybrook08 041

OldSaybrook08 042

Clematis, right? Quite a few folks had these, they seem to do well there.

OldSaybrook08 040

I love this bed, so much color timed just right:

OldSaybrook08 034

No comments: